|As of August 31, 2016 Stafford County Public Schools has a new web look at www.StaffordSchools.net. New site displays best with Firefox or Chrome. If you are reaching this site through a bookmark or search engine, please redirect to our new site. No data on this site is considered valid, please do not refer or reference this content. As of January 1, 2017 this archived site will be removed.|
All athletes must have a current VHSL physical on file to participate in sports.
The physical must be:
Dated 5/1/16 and after,
Must be signed by the provider and stamped with the clinic stamp.
MUST BE THE ORIGINAL. Copies and faxes will not be accepted
Fall Athletes are to turn their physicals in to their coaches on the first day of try outs (8/1/16).
Questions are to be directed to Ms. Hall in Athletics
Football Reminders Week of August 3rd
Parents - More reminders with upcoming football events -
1. Practice #2 tonight. Practice # 3 Tomorrow Morning Saturday August 1st. Players are to report to the school at 8:00 AM. We will be done practice by 10:30 AM tomorrow. Practices today and tomorrow are in helmets. Practices Monday and Tuesday are in uppers (Helmets and shoulder pads). Our first fully padded practice will be Wednesday of next week.
2. Next Week - Week of August 3rd - Monday - Thursday : All players are to report to the school at 4:15. We will begin our in season character education this week and our in season lifting. Again this will begin at 4:30. Players are to report 15 minutes early. Monday - Thursday. WE WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 4:30!
3. Friday August 7th - Practice in the Morning. Players report at 8:00 AM. We will be done at 11:00 AM Friday Morning.
4. Highland Springs Scrimmage - Saturday August 8th. Players are to report to the school at 6:30 AM. We will leave the school at 7:00 AM. The scrimmage is at Highland Springs High School. We will only be bringing players that dress varsity. Freshmen will not come and JV Players that do not dress varsity will not come. We will post a travel squad for Highland Springs By Wednesday. Freshmen football team and JV Players not traveling will be off the day.
5. Sunday Night August 9th Serving Brisben Center - Parents Sunday August 9th @ 5:30 PM we will be serving the Brisben Homeless Center. We will prepare dinner and serve dinner for the families at the center. Pastor Todd organized this and we are looking at around 30-35 players to serve. We will a sign up list started next week. Many of you may remember we served at the center last April.
6. Mandatory Parent Meeting Monday August 10th @ 6:30 PM in the auditorium - It is the expectation of our athletic director that every parent in our program attend this parent meeting. He will review team and program expectations. After we will break off and I will focus on the football side. Calendar, events, fundraising...etc. Please make every effort to attend this parent meeting.
7. Athletic Code of Conduct - Last night I handed out the athletic code of conduct to all of our players (Blue Packet). Please read it very, very carefully. In light of the Brooke Point Choking incident last fall the county has developed a handbook. All players and parents have to read and sign off on it before they can participate in any contest. Our deadline for football is Monday August 3rd. Both sheets need to be signed and turned in to Coach Lloyd by Monday August 3rd. Parent sheet and player sheet need to be filled out and signed by Monday.
Finally parents attached is the power point I shared with the players Wednesday Night at our team meeting. Just reviewing team expectations, etc.. Major point of emphasis on the ppt was
1. Locker Room behavior
3. Social Media and Technology
4. Language and overall behavior
Please understand the county is very, very sensitive with regards to any type of locker room incidents or hazing/bullying incidents. They are also very sensitive to social media as well. Please reinforce our policies with the players.
I want to thank you for all you do for our program.
Head Varsity Football Coach
Football Parent Meeting
We will have our parent meeting on Monday August 10th @ 6:30 PM in the auditorium. This is the general athletic parent meeting we will have with Mr. Stutler. He will outline the expectations he has for all athletes in our athletic program.
Afterwards we will break off into my room and I will review upcoming events, team expectations and answer any questions you may have.
Week of July 27th - First Week of Football
Parents - Here is our schedule for the last week of July starting on Monday July 27th ... This schedule includes all players from all three levels. If there are ANY conflicts or problems please advise me now. Please let me know ahead of time if there is a conflict.
Forms - Parent you must download the forms on your own. The school no longer will give us hard copies of the forms. You must print them off yourself and bring the hard copies. This includes the VHSL Physical Form, Parent Permission/Hydration Form and Concussion Form. All three forms are attached to this email.
Monday July 27th - All players will come in and get their Height, Weight, 40 Time and Pro agility and Bench Press Max. We will do this from 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM. All players from all three levels 9th grade, JV and Varsity.
Tuesday July 28th - Players will run their 110 conditioning test. After we will fit players up for Helmets, Practice Jerseys, Shoulder Pads and Lockers. Players will report at 5:00 PM.
Wednesday July 29th - Players will turn in all forms - Players will report at 5:00 PM.
1. Physical Completed - Cleared without restrictions
2. Concussion Form - Completed and signed.
3. Stafford County Parent Permission Form/Hydration form
4. 2015 Team Rules - This will be sent out soon.
Team Meeting to follow after we collect forms. - Will review guidelines, protocol, team expectations!
Thursday July 30th (Practice Helmets) - First official day of practice. All forms must have been turned in and complete in order to participate. If any form is not completed or turned in - A player may not practice. A player misses three practices because of this they will be cut from the team after three days. Players report at 5:00 PM.
Friday July 31st (Practice Helmets) - Players report at 5:00 PM.
Saturday August 1st (Practice Helmets) - Players report at 8:00 AM. Practice 9:00 - 11:30 AM.
The week of August 3rd Monday through Thursday players will report at 4:30 PM. We will practice from 5:45 PM - 8:15 Daily Monday - Thursday of that week.
Free Physicals at James Monroe High School July 15th @ James Monroe High School 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
I will send another reminder out at the end of the week. I will be out of town on vacation the week of July 11th - 18th. If you need to contact me you can text me on my cell. I will be available all week for any questions you may have. 540-379-6992 - Cell.
Head Varsity Football Coach
MAKING HISTORY - BACK TO BACK TITLES!!
Welcome to the North Stafford Football Team Site
Home of the 2011 & 2012 Commonwealth District Champions and the AAA Division 5 Northwest Region Champions.
First football team in stafford county history to win back to back regional titles!
First football team in the history of stafford county to play in back to back State Semifinals.
2011 Commonwealth Champions & Northwest Region Champions!
North Stafford Football
Home of the 2011 Commonwealth District Champions & Northwest Region AAA Divsion 5 Champions!
Go to www.northstaffordfootball.com
Your source for all information North Stafford Football
Number of hits: 51325